Saturday 2 January 2010

Boost Your Resolution With Positive Affirmations!


'Positive thinking' can help you keep those New Years Resolutions - and please don't tell me it went out with the ark. It didn't. It just got re-labelled and reincarnated as various new, fashionable (and very expensive!) therapautic systems. You don't need new, fashionable or expensive. You can DIY with something tried, trusted and free. Here's how:

Positive affirmations can take several forms, but right now you should concentrate on the on the three types of ‘I’ statement that are statements of self-belief:
  • ‘I am’ statements are statements of who you are; positive affirmations of real traits or abilities that exist in you. For example: I am competent, I am strong, I am intelligent, I am talented, I am energetic, I am a good person, I am caring.
  • I can’ statements are statements of your belief in your potential to change, grow and help yourself. For example: I can gain self-confidence, I can be strong, I can be assertive, I can be positive, I can change, I can heal, I can be a problem solver.
  • 'I will’ statements are statements of positive change - ‘success prophesies’ or positive affirmations of things you want to achieve. For example: I will smile more today, I will take care of me today, I will feel good about me today, I will like myself better each day, I will take on only what I can handle today.
Choose a statement that fits one of the things you have resolved to achieve this year - 'I will succeed', for example - and work with it for at least a week. Make it your first thought when you wake up in the morning and the last thing you think before you go to sleep. Think of it when you sit down to eat, when you take a shower, when you go for a walk, and when you sit down to relax. Repeat it as often as possible during the day. When you're done with that statement start on another one that's relevant to what you want to achieve.

Don't think of positive thinking as being 'silly' or a waste of time! It works - and if you work with it, it will work for you.

Bill - http://www.therapypartnership.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment